Job Overview To deliver and serve food and/or beverage items in a friendly, courteous and timely manner resulting in guest satisfaction.
Responsibilities And Duties
- Set up food and beverage trays and carts in anticipation of incoming orders.
- Retrieve food and beverage items from kitchen. When picking up, be certain that order is complete, i.e. all food, beverages, alcoholic beverages, and all condiments.
- Lifting, loading and carrying trays weighing up to lbs. or push wheeled carts to deliver food and beverage to staff to ensure guests are served in a friendly and courteous manner to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Assist staff in removing food and beverage equipment from outlets and returning them to designated locations.
- Pushing wheeled carts to sort items at ware wash area.
- Perform all assigned side-work to include replenishing and restocking side-stands.
- Perform any general cleaning tasks as assigned by supervisor.
Specific Job Knowledge And Skills
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must have basic knowledge of food and beverage preparations, service standards, guest relations and etiquette.
- Knowledge of the appropriate table settings, service-ware and menu items.
- Ability to read, speak and write the English language in order to communicate with guests.
- Ability to transport up to lbs. on a continuous basis.
- Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, associates may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. This includes nights, weekends and/or holidays.
- All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).
- Employee is always required to take on the responsibility and wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as determined by position and duties.
- Complies with health and safety rules, regulations and procedures to maintain a safe environment.
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or any other combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge of skills and abilities.
Licenses Or Certificates
Food handler certification and any additional state or federal certification requirements.
Current CPR certification preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Source: Spire Hospitality