Job Overview Supervise restaurant staff in the delivery of optimal customer service to promote positive guest experiences and ensure all cleanliness and service expectations are met.
Responsibilities And Duties
- Maintain an orderly restaurant by ensuring cleanliness, staffing and service is properly executed.
- Attend to guest’s needs and provide positive solutions while maintaining a high level of service.
- Train all employees in the performance of their duties.
- Ensure side work and cleaning is completed daily.
- Schedule within the budget guidelines.
- Knowledgeable of ABC laws and Health regulations.
- Prepare and oversees special events within the restaurant to include but not limited to large party dining meetings/celebrations and scheduled discounted events such as a routine happy hour.
- Place sales in the register system and must be able to troubleshoot program issues.
- Ensure room service food is delivered timely and all trays are removed from hallways.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Specific Job Knowledge And Skills
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Mathematical skills and considerable skill in the use of a calculator to prepare calculations without error.
- Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry or otherwise move packages weighing a maximum of lbs.
- Ability to read, listen, and communicate in English both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to walk, stand, sit, and perform essential functions continuously for a maximum of hours.
- Hearing and visual ability necessary to read and analyze reports and data.
- Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, associates may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. This includes nights, weekends and/or holidays.
- All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).
- Employee is always required to take on the responsibility and wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as determined by position and duties.
- Complies with health and safety rules, regulations and procedures to maintain a safe environment.
- High school graduate or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Prior experience in food and beverage or service-related industry. Minimum six months supervisory experience.
- Additional language ability preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Source: Spire Hospitality